View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 11:32 PM   #23
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by peejayw View Post
OK, I spoke too soon, still getting sleep problem and have tried the above sd card trick but no joy. Here is what happens.
When I close the cover and re-open I have a white screen that wont wake. Long=press on the power button often has no effect but repeated attempts will finally get it to restart. The cover of my current book is not showing so I have to go into the library and reselect it.
Sometimes, instead of the blank white screen I get the "% read Sleep Mode" at the top and the book title showing, not the cover. The unit will still not wake and I have to power cycle to start up again.
My Kobo came with 2.3.2, can I go back to a version before this that does not have the "small fonts on chapter change" bug and may be more stable than this one? Would a "pin in the hole" restart help?
Thanks.
Have you tried logging out then back in to your Kobo account? If the instability is caused by a corrupt database then this might fix it, as the database gets rebuilt. But if the corrupt database is caused by a bad book then it might become corrupted again when that book is reprocessed.

2.3.1 and 2.3.2 have been the most stable firmware versions on my Glo, never had a crash with either. Earlier version 2.1.5 sometimes crashed when changing font settings on certain badly formatted books, but that was fixed with 2.3.1. I found 2.3.2 to be the same as 2.3.1 but without the tiny font bug.

A pinhole reset probably won't do anything that powering off won't do. It is just a way to force a restart when the device has crashed and can't recognise the power switch.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote