View Single Post
Old 10-18-2014, 10:01 AM   #3438
Glorfindel
Force-Aware Elf
Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 w/SO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monovertex View Post
Nope, never put more than one bin on the root.
I mean I copied the linkjail, linkss and usbnet folders from the archives NiLuJe posted in the snapshots thread, onto the root of the Kindle.
Yep, that is the sequence.
Sorry, mistake on my part. I meant reverse order and I always tried to uninstall them in the reverse order.
Sorry for not being clear enough. To clarify, the sequence of steps I tried since the last reset to factory settings:
1. Copy linkjail, linkss, usbnet folders from the snapshot archives (latest version, I downloaded them 2 days ago) onto the Kindle root.
2. Copy "Update_usbnetwork_0.54.N_k3w_uninstall.bin" file onto the Kindle root.
3. Disconnet Kindle from laptop, unplug Kindle.
4. Apply the update (home -> menu -> settings -> menu -> update) = fails with U007.
5. Reset via slide button (keep it in open position for 30 seconds).
6. Connect Kindle, copy "Update_ss_0.44.N_k3w_uninstall.bin" onto root.
7. Disconnect, unplug.
8. Apply the update = fails with U007.
9. Reset via slide.
10. Connect Kindle, copy "Update_jailbreak_0.12.N_k3w_uninstall.bin" onto root.
11. Disconnect, unplug.
12. Apply the update = fails with U007.
13. Reset via slide.
14. Connect Kindle, copy 3.4 official update bin.
15. Disconnect, unplug.
16. Apply the update = fails with U007.
As for what happened before they all started failing with U007, I honestly can't say exactly, it was around 2011. I saw it started doing that and I didn't have time at the moment to fix it so I just left it be.
I know everything was working properly and I had SSH access, but at some point I forgot the password and this is where I went full retard mode and tried to reinstall the usbnetwork hack, thinking it would reset the SSH server settings.
When that didn't work, I thought resetting to the factory defaults would clear everything and obviously it didn't. After that I can't remember, but I probably tried some combinations of uninstallations and it broke the JB, I guess.
I should mention I never tried to install another Jailbreak except NiLuJe's, so that should be out of the discussion.
Please let me know if I can provide additional information.
You can use KiTTy or PuTTy under windows. There is a p/w site that will tell you what the root password is, though I don't know if it works w/ the K3. All this is useless if the usbnet hack is inoperable of course
Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote