View Single Post
Old 10-17-2014, 08:44 PM   #3437
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monovertex View Post
Ok, I'll let the Kindle overnight to charge and tomorrow try again to uninstall everything / install the update. If they all fail, I will go with Kubrick when I have 2-3 hours to spare and hope for the best.

Best case scenario, the Kindle will be in its normal state and I can still install stuff. Worst case scenario, I brick the Kindle and I'll see about replacing it in the near future (let's hope this doesn't happen).

Thank you both for all the help, you guys are great!

BTW, which one of the latest Kindles would you recommend just for reading (in case I have to replace)?
There are only two new ones this year (plus last year's PW2) -
And only the KT2 has shipped, listed by Amazon as the "Basic Kindle".

This is the new, low price end of the product line, replacing the K4 in the line-up.
Touch screen, no front light, lowest cost.

The top price end of the product line, the KV (voyage) is only being pre-ordered now, not expected to ship until next month.
Improved front light, higher pixel count screen (300dpi I think).

All three are i.MX6 SoC devices, all are shipping with 4GB of flash.

At the price listed for the KV - it should be an i.MX6Dual (dual core) but I think it is still the i.MX6Single.

Last edited by knc1; 10-17-2014 at 08:49 PM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote