View Single Post
Old 09-04-2013, 08:25 PM   #27
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by wodin View Post
I'm old enough to remember the first digital watches. They were made by Pulsar, who incidentally is still in business, and had bright red LED displays. In order to conserve battery life you had to push a button to light up the display.
I remember those. I also remember the Saturday Night Live model:
http://www.nytimes.com/1985/03/31/ny...cs-117635.html

Quote:
...a watch commercial that appeared on an early ''Saturday Night Live,'' in which they demonstrated the simplicity of using a multifunction digital watch? ''Just push the top right button while holding in the button on the bottom left,'' the ad instructed. ''Then, while holding in the top right and bottom left buttons'' - a third hand appeared and the voice-over continued - ''just tap the upper left button twice.'' A fourth hand appeared. ''And tap the lower right button. Now, your watch is set.''
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote