View Single Post
Old 09-04-2013, 08:02 PM   #20
kevinp
Fanatic
kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, Kindle PW (10th & 11th gen); Fire HD 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by wodin View Post
I'm old enough to remember the first digital watches. They were made by Pulsar, who incidentally is still in business, and had bright red LED displays. In order to conserve battery life you had to push a button to light up the display. What a PITA that was, just to see what time it was was a two handed operation, and sometimes two hands just weren’t available, as my right hand was sometimes busy doing something else.
I had a watch like that, only it was a Star Wars watch (I doubt made by Pulsar). It was gray with a red LCD. I was just a kid back in the 70's and Star Wars had just come out.

The batteries (plural) lasted about three months, depending on how much I pressed the buttons.

Last edited by kevinp; 09-04-2013 at 08:03 PM. Reason: added...
kevinp is offline   Reply With Quote