View Single Post
Old 07-07-2013, 09:54 AM   #1
Mex5150
Banned
Mex5150 is a jewel in the roughMex5150 is a jewel in the roughMex5150 is a jewel in the roughMex5150 is a jewel in the roughMex5150 is a jewel in the roughMex5150 is a jewel in the roughMex5150 is a jewel in the roughMex5150 is a jewel in the roughMex5150 is a jewel in the roughMex5150 is a jewel in the roughMex5150 is a jewel in the rough

Location: To the left of your body, to the right of your mind, lost in a riddle.
Device: Android phone, Nook Touch Simple Glowlight
Alternatives to Calibre?

Hi All

I'm pretty sure Calibre holds the monopoly so the author can impose any draconian rules they feel like, but are there any alternate aplications that do more or less the same thing?

The reason I'm looking at jumping ship is due to the 'do it my way, or bugger off' attatute to directory structure. Yes I've read the FAQ, and yes I've seen his thinking on it, but that does NOT cover every eventuality.

I want to access my library directly from one of my android devices, I know EXACTLY the structure I want, and no, I won't be magicly wanting to do something differnt with the stuctre once it is in place as the FAQ claims you will in its excuse/defence of the 'do it my way' rule. So I have three options the way I see it:
1) Wait for Calibre to come out on Android.
2) Sift through an increadly badly designed file structure every time I need to find something.
3) Jump ship.

I can't see '1' happening any time soon, '2' is what I'm suffering with now, and '3' looks more and more atractive every time I add a new aurthor.

I know this annoys the hell out of a LOT of people, is there any software that will allow me to organise MY library the way I want it?

-Mex
Mex5150 is offline   Reply With Quote