View Single Post
Old 11-02-2012, 10:16 AM   #7
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrB View Post
But of greater concern is that it is only in Fire & Touch that the text appears as a list (in iPad & iPhone the items all appear together to form a paragraph with a bullet point next to the first word).

Where am I going wrong?
You're not really "going wrong" so much as discovering that different devices/apps are different. Welcome to the "You're never going to quite come up with the one perfect solution that works everywhere, every time" club.

As far as lists go (ul, ol, li)... different device/apps (whether ePub or mobi) all seems to have their own little subtle variations on rendering them. So I just don't use them. At all. I just use paragraphs, insert my own bullet/number if I want them, and style them with CSS to create the effect I want.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote