View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 02:59 PM   #999
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Great community here!

Great community here! - I just wanted to stress that again.

twobob and I are currently about to start an entirely new project (hehe... it's top secret at the moment, and I'm not going to reveal what it is, so don't ask... - wait and you'll see ). In any case, it requires to have an (almost) full set of Kindles available for proper development and testing.

Thanks to the generous (real-life !) help of geekmaster, I now have exactly that: a K3, K4, K5, and Paperwhite. And thanks to hawhill, qlob, NiLuJe, and geekmaster, I could use the debricking guides, firmware images, and usbnetwork, to put all of these devices into a state where they can be used for developing, without having to be afraid of ending up with a set of Kindle-shaped bricks. And it wasn't really complicated at all.

So... quite simply: thanks to all of you - and to the many others who are actively contributing here. You guys rock! And you make this forum what it is: interesting, helpful, and friendly.

Spoiler:

ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote