View Single Post
Old 11-02-2012, 05:56 PM   #9
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Eating Duck View Post
This is a bit tangential to the topic, but it piqued my interest; it sounds intuitively plausible as most E-Ink devices are 6" (mine is 91mm wide). I usually give my epubs a quick once-over on my phone as well, but mostly to check that things don't break badly, they are really optimised for larger screens.

Do you know if there are any statistics of what people actually use most for reading aside from dedicated devices? Does it even make sense to spend time ensuring that everything looks nice on tiny screens?
Hi:

Well, when you say, "tiny screens," are you talking about dedicated devices like Nook, Kindle, which are not, in my experience, 6"? (Are we talking width in portrait or landscape, or are we speaking diagonally?)

Exclusive of the iPad, all the e-readers I have around here net out to about 3" wide, held in portrait, which is how most of my clients seem to use them. I have some younger clients who rotate their devices so that they get a two-column view on the Fire or NookColor, but they seem to be in the minority, or perhaps they are just younger--I don't know.

Or are we discussing reading apps on cellphones?

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote