View Single Post
Old 01-13-2012, 06:26 PM   #12016
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool Let The Right One In

Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
Well, IMHO The Millennium Trilogy is really super special. A tip, if you read The Girl Who Played With Fire, just assume that you're going to also read The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest (The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo is much more of a free-standing book than these two). And also plan to read them back-to-back. I decided that I can't leave Sweden till I've also read John Ajvide Lindqvist's Let The Right One In. So I'm starting to read it right now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb72 View Post
Oooh - tell me what you think of it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
Well, first off the final movie in The Millennium Trilogy, The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest arrived today from Netflix, So I spent a couple of hours watching that. Thus I'm only 25% into reading Let The Right One In. What I will say is that IMHO, it doesn't quite come up to the standard of The Millennium Trilogy, but I'm putting the trilogy on a pretty high pedestal. It's been an enjoyable read thus far and I have seen the American movie version, Let Me In, which does a pretty good job following this original story even though they've transplanted it to New Mexico. I'd recommend it, but I'll perhaps have more insights when I've finshed it.
Today I finished reading Let The Right One In by John Ajvide Lindqvist and I enjoyed it for the same reason I enjoyed the American movie, Let Me In. That reason was that it had a lot of different insights into Vampires that I'd not seen before. It's definitely not your standard Vampire story. Tomorrow I should be getting the Swedish movie version from Netflix. I haven't yet decided what I'll be reading next.
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote