View Single Post
Old 10-26-2011, 09:12 PM   #1
jjansen
J
jjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: SONY PRS 505/300, iRex DR800SG, Nook
Corrupt database

I just upgraded to 8.23 from 8.18 or 8.19 and can no longer open my database. When I start Calibre I get the message The library database at c:\...... appears to be corrupted. When I run the restore I get a message that the Restoring database failed. I have about 4,000 books in my library. I am including the detailed messages and my actual metadata file hoping to save time if anyone has any ideas.

The library database at c:\...... appears to be corrupted.
Spoiler:
calibre, version 0.8.23
Corrupted database: The library database at C:\Users\jjansen\Documents\My eBooks appears to be corrupted. Do you want calibre to try and rebuild it automatically? The rebuild may not be completely successful.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\ui.py", line 489, in library_moved
File "site-packages\calibre\library\database2.py", line 218, in __init__
File "site-packages\calibre\library\database2.py", line 227, in initialize_dynamic
File "site-packages\calibre\library\prefs.py", line 21, in __init__
File "site-packages\calibre\library\sqlite.py", line 314, in run
DatabaseException: database disk image is malformed
RemoteTraceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\library\sqlite.py", line 271, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\library\sqlite.py", line 172, in get
DatabaseError: database disk image is malformed

Restoring database failed
Spoiler:
calibre, version 0.8.23
ERROR: Failed: Restoring database failed, click Show details to see details

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\library\restore.py", line 108, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\library\restore.py", line 245, in replace_db
WindowsError: [Error 32] The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process

Any and all help appreciated...................Jackie
Attached Files
File Type: zip metadata.zip (2.59 MB, 209 views)
jjansen is offline   Reply With Quote