View Single Post
Old 03-19-2012, 02:50 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtohe View Post
When I sort by series in the GUI I get library order which is how I have it set. Same when I expand the list to select a series.

When I click on the book icon in the tag browser to select all books for series starting with T I get the ones that start with the word The.

For example 'The Clockwork Century' shows in the 'T' list but does not show when I expand The 'T' list.

It does not show in the overall 'C' list but shows when I expand the 'C' list.

I like to use the overall (all series starting with) list when I am trying to correct my series metadata and at least 60 % of the inconsistencies show up at a glance. But many don't as some start with 'The' or 'An' for some titles and not for others in the series.

Probably I have something set wrong but cannot find it.

Helen
first I would suggest that you use the QC plugin and validate Author Sort and Title sort (no red sort fields in the Metadata editor).
then Preferences: Tweaks: # Control sorting of titles and series in the library display

Note there is a Note on that section the prior sorts are NOT changed automatically You might try 'Manage Series' and touch each of the ones with problems to trigger a new sort compute

BTW, this may be the answer to one or 2 series I have issues with sending to device that appear as:
A, Good Series
instead of: Good Series, A
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote