View Single Post
Old 08-28-2009, 12:50 AM   #28
bill_mchale
Wizard
bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, HPC Evo 4G LTE
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilmarr View Post
Ken Follet's *Pillars of the Earth* and *World Without End* are both available in ebook version. They're heavy tomes (one just under 1K pages, the other just over 1K) but the early medieval research is superb and the human-interest fiction that drives the books is quite wonderful. I've just read them back-to-back and can't wait to forget them in a few years so that I can experience the reading over again. The best of 14th Century historical fiction, broad-canvas, racing, fully satisfying reads. Best. Neil
I will second Pillars of the Earth. I just finished it a few days ago. Very much worth the read.

I will probably read World Without End sooner rather than later.

--
Bill
bill_mchale is offline   Reply With Quote