View Single Post
Old 08-31-2013, 03:53 PM   #41
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by hwlester View Post
I believe the messages are "Unfortunately Google Play Services has stopped." or something like that. It doesn't cause a lockup and launching a Google app (the Play Store, GMail, etc.) still works (I think it launches Google Play Services again).

I've only seen it a few times and, as I mentioned, the times I saw it was when I was playing with the profiles. I think I may have seen it once when I wasn't playing with profiles, but I occasionally see the same thing on other Android devices as well.
Yes, that's the message I get. And when it happens, I just relaunch Google Play and continue. Apps that were downloading continue downloading. That does not seem to cause a lock up.

However, I do still get random screen lockups, this happened prior to the update as well. Screen becomes unresponsive and a reboot is required. Wish it had done this during the return period, because I'd have exchanged it, but naturally the issue did not show up until later.

I have noticed that YouTube seems to be rather jumpy and irritable since the Nook update. I frequently have the screen flicker to black and today white using YouTube, I had the Nook spontaneously reboot!
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote