View Single Post
Old 03-01-2012, 07:31 AM   #5
rebl
r.eads e.njoys b.ooks lol
rebl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
Have you tried unticking the "Read metadata from file" option in Preferences->Adding books? It means it relies on the filename, but I would guess would stop it trying to force a cover.
"read metadata from file contents rather file name" is checked, because not all the files are named in the same style, plus, some of them have some additional data in the metadata (comments, genre, language....).

Maybe I should change my strategy.
I think this behaviour is "by design" -the fact that Calibre autogenerates screenshots of first page if the book has no cover.
I guess I could read all the changelogs and find out which version introduced this features, then reverting to a previous version. Still ... thats a tedious task and I was hoping the autogerenation of covers could be somehow prevented.
rebl is offline   Reply With Quote