View Single Post
Old 10-14-2011, 02:55 AM   #6
MrWarper
Zealot
MrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it is

Device: I'm an iRex man: 8x DR1000S, 4x DR800SG, 4x DR800S
Two or more batteries?

Hello everyone, I just got my first DR1000S and thinking of buying another one -- since iRex demise, these are all 2nd hand products so I expect to have to replace the batteries at some point. This guide comes in extremely handy (thank you!). One more question regarding this, though:

The battery seems ordinary (simply connected to the device with two wires) therefore I assume there's no complicated control circuitry and all the device knows about the battery status is directly based on its charge/discharge curve. It would also be easy to eliminate some of the plastic internal walls and make room for at least a second identical battery that could be connected in parallel to the original one. It would even make the device a bit more 'solid'. Has anyone tried this?

This could be done very neatly with a couple of JST connectors for a few bucks, so each battery could be replaced independently without cutting and soldering cables every time:

Any thoughts?
Attached Images

MrWarper is offline   Reply With Quote