View Single Post
Old 11-11-2012, 01:17 AM   #9
Mhtsos
Enthusiast
Mhtsos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mhtsos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mhtsos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mhtsos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mhtsos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mhtsos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mhtsos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mhtsos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mhtsos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mhtsos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mhtsos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer Iconia A210,Sony PRS-T1(sold),Cybook Orizon,Kobo Glo,Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big McLargeHuge View Post
  • Is the Kobo stable? I see a few threads just on the first page of freezes and crashes.
  • I've heard that sideloaded books sometimes don't let you mess with their fonts/spacing. Does this apply even if the sideloaded book is a DRM free book bought FROM Kobo, unchanged? (even if the book previously had DRM? *winkwink*)
  • What features do you like/made you decide to buy your Kobo Glo?
  • What is the touch screen like? Is it capacitive like the Kindle Paperwhite? If not which is it? Infrared? Which is better, capacitive or infrared?
-I have it for about two weeks.No crases so far, more than 4 books finished quite a few others browsed.It had a few bugs(with the Wifi mainly) but nothing critical or something I consider a deal breaker.

-Until now I haven't had any problems,I could change the fonts/spacing in every e-book I had.Badly formatted epubs that caused the reader to misfunction were a problem for every ereader I had(3 so far),so I don't think it is a big problem or that uncommon.

-The light,the prize,the availability in my country and the fact that it isn't an Kindle.

-It has an infrared screen.
I can't realy compare it with the capasitive screen because my last reader that had one was the Orizon.Orizon is very slow due to prossesor(so every time I have to wait or tap twice) so I can't say with certainty which is better.So far the Glo screen is responsive and I faced few to none problems.
Mhtsos is offline   Reply With Quote