View Single Post
Old 03-21-2010, 08:19 PM   #10
animedude01
Addict
animedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheese

Device: DR1000S, ILIAD2, Nokia n900, Kindle for PC, Astak EZReader Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuxGirl View Post
Sorry to revive an old thread, but I found this while trying to understand the Save To Disk functionality, and am still confused.

So, if I save to disk, is it possible to save to where my library currently is located? Will it mess things up if I do that? I don't want to have to run save-to-disk every time i want to transfer files to my kindle, but if I re-import after saving to disk, wouldn't I then have multiple copies of the same book in my library?

Save to Disk allows you to save ebooks to devices that aren't directly supported by Calibre. For example, I have a Nokia N900 phone that I've installed fbreader on so I can read on the go. Calibre doesn't directly support my phone so I can't use Save to Device. I have to use Save to Disk and point to my phones memory card.

Also, say your roommate has their own Calibre installation and you downloaded a great book from MobileRead and want to share it with them. You could use the Save to Disk function to save it to a usb key and give it to them. They can import it and get all the correct metadata that you've already updated.
animedude01 is offline   Reply With Quote