View Single Post
Old 03-21-2010, 07:08 PM   #9
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuxGirl View Post
So, if I save to disk, is it possible to save to where my library currently is located?
Yes it is "possible".

Quote:
Will it mess things up if I do that?
Absolutely. Don't do this. Save to Disk is meant to put a copy of your ebooks to an external device or hard drive... mainly for backups of your library or for devices not explicitly supported by calibre.

Quote:
I don't want to have to run save-to-disk every time i want to transfer files to my kindle, but if I re-import after saving to disk, wouldn't I then have multiple copies of the same book in my library?
You should use "Send to Device" to put the ebook on your Kindle.

Why would you "save to disk" then re-import? That makes no sense as something you would want to do.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote