View Single Post
Old 06-12-2010, 02:25 PM   #10
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAGINAZ View Post
This seems to be what I am looking for. I appreciate the knowledge and the technical expertise that you all have acquired, but I am 'geek speak' illiterate. I have no idea what AppleScript is. Simply stated...I need to run a file through EpubCheck 1.0.5...I have a brand new iMac. When I click on your linc, pdurrant - it downloads but then it is just a file in a list of downloads. Anyone game enough to walk this infant through the rest of the process? Sorry to be so needy.
The file you download is a .zip (compressed) file. Double-click it and Mac OS X will expand it back to the original size. You now have an application*.

Drag & Drop your ePub onto the application, and it will check it, and display the results in a dialog.

HTH

*The application is written in AppleScript. This is a neat way to get other programs to do things, and ties it up nicely into a simple application. In your Applications folder you probably have an AppleScript folder, inside which is the Script Editor application. You can use this to look at the script used in the epubcheck applescript program if you like. But there's no need unless you're interested.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote