View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 04:34 AM   #34868
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
I have a feeling that no matter how often one wins, the House still winds up making more money than anyone else.

I've gambled for money four times; once in Las Vegas, where I kept $10 going for four hours, once in Vermont when I bought a Lottery ticket when there hadn't been a winner in several weeks, and twice in Japan playing Pachinko. The first time was my second day in the country and wandered into a Pachinko parlor. I won ¥20,000 (about $200 USD) and the next day going back into the same place and losing ¥1,000 (about $10 USD.) That was almost 25 years ago. I've never gambled for money since.

EDIT: Oops! I forgot one! I went to the track once on a date back in the '70s. I had 7 winners and came out losing $25 for the evening... I guess it helps to know 'how' to bet.

Stitchawl

Last edited by Stitchawl; 11-08-2012 at 04:37 AM.
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote