Thread: Gah! Facebook!
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2012, 03:35 PM   #6
Chi Cygni
秋子 permanently lurking
Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Pocketbook Era
Quote:
Originally Posted by red_pheonix View Post
I know how you feel. I do have a Twitter account that I do not use. I did have a Facebook account way back when that I cancelled after a couple of months. I'm just not sure I trust their security.

Having said all that however, so many companies have Facebook accounts that if you want to enter contests or get info about anything it seems you have to visit their Facebook account to do so. I can see that I may have to open a Facebook account sometime in the future, not because I want to but because I have to just to try and keep up. Not really sure I like that feeling at all.

I like my privacy.

Can anyone else see the irony in having this discussion on an online forum?
At least we have some privacy on MR and are not airing things little bubba's first poo for everyone to see. Meh.
I saw once decalgirl offers discount if you "like" them but that didn't lure me either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Munch View Post

To the OP; don't be afraid, FB doesn't bite even though it is a unfocused gigantic something-something. You can turn off email requests for everything but party invitations (Which I also recommend doing ASAP).
It doesn't? Methinks it has teeth like your avatar! Seriously, I had a look today at registration page. Cannot bring myself to do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven522 View Post
A second reply specifically for this: Look at the person like they have lost their mind and ask, "You're STILL on Facebook?"
that is great!
Chi Cygni is offline   Reply With Quote