View Single Post
Old 07-18-2007, 03:04 AM   #1
sputnik
Enthusiast
sputnik puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.sputnik puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.sputnik puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.sputnik puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.sputnik puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.sputnik puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.sputnik puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.sputnik puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.sputnik puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.sputnik puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.sputnik puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.

Device: EB 1150, iLiad
Hacking EBW-1150 to browse the Internet

Has anyone managed to browse the Internet with an EBW-1150?

I'm thinking this would not be completely crazy. When I click a hyperlink in a document that I read on the device, the device tries to connect to the Internet and the "Initiating connection... Dialing 1-858xxxxxxx" message is displayed." The internal modem wants to connect, and then ""The connection to the eBook Network was not successful. No dialtone. Connect a phone like to your eBook and try again"

If i plug the device in the USB port, when I click a link I get the message "Communicating with eBook Network" but the page is never displayed.

Part of the difficulty is that the device reads IMP files, while most of the internet is html. I would very much like to be able to browse the internet on this device, so if anyone has managed to hack it for this purpose I'm all ears.
sputnik is offline   Reply With Quote