View Single Post
Old 05-13-2009, 07:43 AM   #6
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Thanks for quoting their homepage (which they keep updating and adjusting, I am sure), but it isn't what I referred to. At the Interactive Displays 2009 conference in April they told visitors that the samples were due May.

In fact, it's also what Mary Lou Jepsen said on their company blog:

Quote:
Yesterday I spoke at the Interactive Displays conference in San Jose, CA and announced that samples of our screens are due at the end of May/early June.
Now we hear that they may have samples ready within the next two months.

Hadrien, you said:

Quote:
The main difference for the e-ink mode will be the contrast: it's not as good as a Vizplex (e-ink) device on the XO-1, but should be as good or better on the 3Qi. Readability in the sunlight with the XO-1 is already excellent, it should be even better with the 3Qi.
How do you know that contrast of the 3Qi should be as good or better than E Ink? Have you seen any prototypes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadrien View Post
Unlike e-ink screens, it doesn't require new factories/production units: that's why they can reach mass-production so quickly.
The same thing was also true for HD DVD versus Bluray. Bluray required new lines, HD DVD didn't. Nonetheless, see today who is still in the game and who isn't.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote