Thread: Avoid Kobo
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2014, 01:47 PM   #29
bvz
bvz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bvz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bvz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: sony prs-t1
That must be what is happening to me right now with my last two books. I have properly purchased them and made sure that both (!) of my logins for the Sony Desktop software are correct (they work for all my other books). But they simply will not open no matter what I do. Logging into my account on the web shows that they are there, but they don't have any sort of a button next to them (i.e. most of my other books have either EPUB or Adobe DRM EPUB or PDF next to them. These books don't have anything next to them).

The books download alright now (thanks again to the tips I got from this forum) but the actual files just have a long gibberish name. Opening these epub files in Textwrangler on my Mac, I can see a bunch of sub-files in there that seem to generally match the structure of my other epub files. But no matter what I do I cannot open them (they just say something to the effect of "This computer is not authorized to read this book."

Naturally I have not gotten back any response from Kobo even after two attempts to email them (my only option) and way more than the 60 hours they list as their turn-around time.

I wonder if they are slowly going out of business and this is the symptoms of that.
bvz is offline   Reply With Quote