View Single Post
Old 10-15-2010, 10:03 AM   #13
jj2me
Guru
jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, -350; Kindle 3 3G, DX, PW 2; various tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpjrt View Post
I have no idea what the specs are with the ac adapter I purchased a few months ago. It's brand name is "fuse" ...
The specs should be on a label on the adapter in very small print.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpjrt View Post
Hubby's Sony has yet to be put on the charger ... [and he lets his car's gas gauge get to below empty on a regular basis ... far more daring than myself!] ... so I need to know that if my ac charger only charges at a 350 mA [which I'll check out the next time I'm in Walmart] ... will it charge the Sony? Will it damage the Sony?
You can try. If it doesn't supply enough current, you probably won't hurt the Sony. Voltage regulation will reduce the voltage when the current draw is beyond what the adapter can provide, like what you see when you try 1.2V rechargeable batteries in a device that *requires* 1.5V non-rechargeable alkaline batteries.

As I said in a post above, the Sony PRS-505 could be charged by the computer-connected USB's 500 mA in most states of discharge. But not when the 505 was in a very low discharge state. In those cases, we had to use the Sony (or PSP) barrel-connector A/C adapter that provided about 2 A (2000 mA). Sounds like your husband will test this on his Sony.
jj2me is offline   Reply With Quote