View Single Post
Old 06-28-2014, 02:31 PM   #20070
Hampshire Nanny
Guru
Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hampshire Nanny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Kindle 3 KB, iPad2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melon Soda View Post
I think this thread is also great for checking out some books I've never heard off before!
Indeed. My "want to read" list keeps getting longer and longer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
"The Dance of Time" by Eric Flint and David Drake. The 6th and final book in the "Belisarius" alternate history/military SF series. An excellent and satisfying end to one of the best military SF series around. I strongly recommend the entire series to any SF lover who hasn't yet read it. The 6 books are available in three omnibus editions from Baen.
That reminds me -- I have these books on hand. I just need to carve out time for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Next up: Crown of Renewal by Elizabeth Moon. It's looking good - I suspect it may keep me up late tonight. This is the last in this series, so I'm hopeful that it will resolve lots of plot lines.
Hmm... Which series is this? I like Elizabeth Moon's fantasy (Paks!) so I think I need to track down this series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xg4bx View Post
Hollow World by Michael J. Sullivan. It's easily the best book I've read so far this year; very thought provoking and charming.
Love to hear such a positive recommendation. I like SF and time travel, so I'm adding this to the "want to read" list. Unfortunately, I think my kids will find that the list is still very long upon my demise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
But I'm also trying to economize these days as befits my still fairly new retiree status, so I think on July 1, when I become eligible for another Amazon Prime loan, I'll check to see if that one's available.
I'm stocking up now for my upcoming retirement (2015 or 2016, I think). And to practice for retirement, I put myself on a book-buying freeze this year. I'm only purchasing books with gift certificates, and I point people to my Amazon wish list so they can gift me books for my Kindle.
Hampshire Nanny is offline   Reply With Quote