View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 01:12 AM   #27
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
my final comment - I agree that discussion should be put to bed. When I read a "free" book from a public library it had been paid for ( .i.e someone had bought it & put it on the shelf ). it just was not paid for by me.

what I was getting at in my earlier post was that I was brought up to think that books were something you borrowed from a library and read for free. & that only very rich people went to bookshops & bought the things. I read voraciously in childhood & teenage years. must have gone thru the entire SF shelf. It never felt like "stealing"

in my ideal world there'd be living grants for creativity & the output would be free to all. Get rid of the competitive world of publishers in which most creatives starve & a very few have far too much money. just let the folks who create art, be it poems, paintings, stories, music have enough money ( from state funds) to ba able to focus on their art.

Last edited by cybmole; 10-10-2012 at 01:15 AM.
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote