View Single Post
Old 10-13-2010, 01:32 PM   #116
EricDP
Groupie
EricDP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EricDP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EricDP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EricDP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EricDP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EricDP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EricDP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EricDP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EricDP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EricDP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EricDP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook, BlackBerry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Sorotokin View Post
It is certainly not a good idea to use page template just for margins. These should be specified using regular margins on body and @page rule.
I agree, but it seems to be standard practice. At least half of the books I've purchased have done this, and with huge margins, too. The first thing I do with these books is strip the DRM and delete the page template. Then I add an @page entry into the stylesheet with the top/bottom margins, and I create a default body style with left/right margins and text-justify. Suddenly the book is readable!

Why can't publishers realize that their trade-paperback edition and hardcover edition margins just don't work on a 6" screen? Doesn't anybody proof these books on an actual reading device?
EricDP is offline   Reply With Quote