View Single Post
Old 06-09-2010, 03:13 AM   #271
RCR
Addict
RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RCR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2 x Sony 505, iPad, Samsung 7 Tablet, ASUS Transformer, Nexus 7
Well --- as of today, I am a gleeful iPad owner and convert.

I was wandering around Dick Smiths in the city and they had them on display. One look at that screen with an ebook on it - wow!

Initially I was concerned about comments about how users are locked into Apple iBooks. But I've now got my new toy at home and I'm busy shovelling my collection of pdf's and epubs onto it. I bought the Goodreader app for a couple of dollars. That displays my pdfs beautifully. The already installed iBook app does a great job on my epubs.

I've got a gazillion ebooks in epub and pdf already on my computer - I'll never have to darken the electronic door of the Apple bookstore.

The iPad is expensive, but I'll get the GST back when I go overseas next week.
RCR is offline   Reply With Quote