View Single Post
Old 06-11-2010, 11:26 AM   #7
scottjl
Reader of Books
scottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with others

Device: none
no. it necessarily didn't. but apple is also itchy with their rejection trigger finger and unlikely to let it through as well.

at one time apple touted a set of APIs for OS X centered around gaming, for audio, video and controllers. you would think they would be implementing something similar on the iPhone platform.

also, hardware that connects up to the 30 pin port requires a blessing from apple (or you get the dreaded "this device isn't compatible with this iphone" message). and apple has sent their lawyers after some non-blessed devices. think geek just isn't going to go about the trouble of mass producing the cabinet if they can't get apple's blessing. there's a big difference between a hacker and his one-off and trying to make some money off a relatively niche mass-produced product.

personally, i'd love to see the cabinet be produced. i'd get one. i already own several original video games and pinball machines from the 70's and 80's in my game room. an ipad running mame next to them would be as funny as it is functional.
scottjl is offline   Reply With Quote