View Single Post
Old 01-10-2014, 05:49 PM   #18600
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strether View Post
That's one of my favorites, too, and I gave it to my sister-in-law as an ebook for Christmas, and she enjoyed it also.

I suspect that that massing of all the characters at the end, with baby chicks underfoot and a poet wandering in and out was the inspiration for the hilarious dinner party in Bujold's A Civil Campaign.

Jim
Could well have been. I love having all these Heyer's here, thanks to the sales that we've had the last few years. Every time I need a break and want to just chuckle and enjoy myself, I pull one out. But now I have several as Audible books too, thanks to a coupon I got for Audible, combined with the WhisperSync for Voice special pricing on some of them.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote