View Single Post
Old 01-10-2014, 04:06 PM   #18599
Strether
Guru
Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1; iPad Air; iPhone 7; Kobo Libra; Kindle Oasis 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
Just finished listening to The Grand Sophy by Georgette Heyer, read by Sarah Woodward. Delightful. Heyer at her very best. I always prefer Heyers with audacious and strong female main characters, and Sophy is certainly that. Highly recommended, either as eBook or audio book.
That's one of my favorites, too, and I gave it to my sister-in-law as an ebook for Christmas, and she enjoyed it also.

I suspect that that massing of all the characters at the end, with baby chicks underfoot and a poet wandering in and out was the inspiration for the hilarious dinner party in Bujold's A Civil Campaign.

Jim
Strether is offline   Reply With Quote