View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 04:18 AM   #155
rgeorg
Guru
rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3/3G(2x), Glo HD, Amazon Voyage
Just ordered the SGP 5" from Amazon for $50 off list price ($170). I think that basically all of the SGPs are $50 off, except for the 4". I won't see it for awhile, but I wasn't certain if prices (and availability!) would remain. Not the best screen as I understand, but has form-factor portability, a largish battery, 40GB (including the 32GB microdisk for $20), a simple camera, and access to Google Play - so it will replace my well-used, aging jetbook reader, creative Zen mp3 player, camera that is old and too big to carry, and hopefully work as a general PDA with Internet telephone.

I am probably expecting too much, but the Nexus 7 is more expensive now, too large to easily carry around, no back camera and I'd have to use the USBOTG cable for extra storage. I am also concerned about the screen issues that have been described with the Nexus 7. I am not in a position to easily replace the unit if there is a problem, and the SGP is a more "mature" product.

Well, I hope for the best :-)

Note: I am actually a big Amazon user and would have bought the KFHD if it just had access to Google Play store without rooting. Since it doesn't, I'd have to buy 2 devices...

Last edited by rgeorg; 11-19-2012 at 04:21 AM.
rgeorg is offline   Reply With Quote