View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 09:36 PM   #16
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I will agree with the Abercrombie suggestion. I think there's alot of ambivalence and darkness there. I only read the first book of the triology and overall it didn't ring my bell, but in terms of what you're looking for it sounds like a good fit.

I quite enjoy Glen Krisch when it comes to darkness in general. In particular - Where Darkness Dwells, but The Nightmare Within also sounds like it could hit some of your sweet spots.

I recently read The Tube Riders by Chris Ward and I thought that was pretty dark and very enjoyable as long as you don't mind most of the protagonists being children/teenagers.

I would also put 1984 by George Orwell and The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood in the list.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote