View Single Post
Old 11-24-2008, 01:13 PM   #5
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post
I can't help you (in detail) with a Mac, but what you need is a good hex file editor. I use HexEdit 3.10 on a Windows machine. With a good hex file editor, you can open the .txt file, and see all the non-display control characters. Then you can find/replace and change them to whatever you need, as a batch process. It make take 2 or 3 passed to process the file exactly the way you want it, but it works. And you can do changes this way for any clear text file control set. (HTML, RTF, ect.)
That was a new method for me. I would say that what you need is Emacs but if you are no an Emacs user already this solution probably have a too high learning threshold. The same could be said of my second default approach and that is write a Perl script.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote