Thread: Kindle & RAR
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2012, 10:29 AM   #9
eureka
but forgot what it's like
eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver18 View Post
Ok, I unpacked deb file and now I have usr/bin/unrar-nonfree. Should I place it (only unrar-nonfree) in Kindle /usr/bin?

Why you said to use "sid (unstable)" and not "squeeze (stable)" version?

Thanks a lot!!
You could place it (the binary unrar-nonfree) anywhere with any name. It doesn't matter.

Stable in squeeze (stable) isn't [just] about of quality of binary. It's mostly about of quality of whole Debian distribution (i.e. big set of Debian packages and infrastructure). As you're just downloading one package for it's executable binary, you should primarily look at program stableness, not at the whole Debian distribution stableness, so the main difference will be in program version. Unrar in sid has more recent version than unrar in squeeze, so I've said to download from sid archive.
eureka is offline   Reply With Quote