View Single Post
Old 12-30-2013, 11:19 AM   #1276
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by boozr View Post
still want to know password of root
http://members.ping.de/~sven/kindle.html?# doesn't work for me

or i need to write a custom made diag using fastboot,
----------------------------
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho....php?p=2290044
Rescue Pack for Paperwhite and Touch

does it work for me?

-----------------------------
proc /self/fd/9: line 27: /etc/init.d/rcS: not found
init.exe: rc-sysinit main process (627) terminated with status 127

can i enable usbnet by default?
The root password given by that web page is your ORIGINAL password for your main partition, based on your serial number, as stored in your main partition. The password for the diags partition is usually "mario" (without the quotes).

When you debrick by writing a copy of a partition image from a DIFFERENT kindle, your root password changes. We have a custom of using a password of "mario" (without the quotes) on debricking images for the main partition. However, there were some firmware images in the wild with different passwords, as documented in the posts where you downloaded them (or in a README file that came with the firmware).

Try the mario password...

Last edited by geekmaster; 12-30-2013 at 11:21 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote