View Single Post
Old 09-10-2011, 12:50 AM   #168
dmetzcher
dmetzcher began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch, Kindle 3, iPad, iPhone
I've created an action that will send the current page in the Kindle browser to the Kindle as an ebook using SENDtoREADER.com. For those who are unfamiliar with SENDtoREADER, it's a free service similar to the Readability.com feature that allows you to send Web pages to your Kindle. The difference is that SENDtoREADER saves everything that you send in your personal account so that you can view/edit/resend it again later. It also has a Composer that allows you to send freeform, formatted documents to your Kindle directly from the site (it saves those for you, too).

Here's the action:

Code:
S T R = #'Menu' 'k3_FW_Press' 'FW_Left' "sendtoreader.com/bm/send.php?&u=" 'Enter'
As you can see, it simply adds:
Code:
sendtoreader.com/bm/send.php?&u=
...to the front of the URL and presses the Enter key for you. You must be logged into your SENDtoREADER account in your Kindle browser in order for this to work. This is the first thing I've done with Launchpad (I just installed it this evening), so I'm totally open to suggestions if there is a better way to do this. I chose "S T R" (send to reader) as the key combo because it's easy for me to remember and I know there's little chance that I'll download another action that uses it, but it can be changed, if you want to use something else.

The idea for this came from a question in the Kindle subreddit at Reddit.com (reddit.com/r/kindle).

I'm attaching the INI file for those who want to simply drop it into the "launchpad" folder on their Kindle.
Attached Files
File Type: zip sendtoreader.ini-v1.zip (717 Bytes, 305 views)
dmetzcher is offline   Reply With Quote