View Single Post
Old 03-14-2013, 04:55 PM   #18
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by afv011 View Post
Bad news guys, it turns out that the Samsung Galaxy S IV will come out with YEAR OLD software! Yes, and this is a certainty, as it comes from Phil himself, so must be true!

Source

I don't know Phil's calendar, but on mine, Jelly Bean 4.2 was released on November, so that's not quite a year.
He may be basing the "almost a year" comment on 4.1 which was released around June/August 2012. Given Jelly Bean is still the latest public release, though, I really don't see how Samsung could do better. At least the Galaxy S4 will come with JB 4.2. I'd have been happy even with 4.1. Heck, I reckon I'd probably be content as long as it had ICS 4.0 minimum. Project Butter is nice and all but a dual-core Cortex A9 1.0+ GHz with 1GB RAM running ICS with no bloatware actually works quite beautifully.

Besides, what good is having the latest OS on your phone if key features are missing? Sure, Apple might release iOS updates on older devices but a lot of times, the update doesn't include new features and even slows performance of the device to a crawl. e.g. iPhone 4/iPad 2: no Siri, original iPhone: no folder support, iPhone 3G to iOS 4 = crashapalooza.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote