View Single Post
Old 01-01-2013, 06:35 PM   #15045
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenG View Post
The rule with Heinlein is to start with books 1 inch thick or smaller and then try the larger books.
That's a terrible way to decide what book to read. But, I agree it is a good rule for Heinlein.
Quote:
Heinlein was one of the first of the SF writers to be published in book form and the juveniles are technically the 12 novels he wrote under contract to Schribner though there are others that could be considered for younger readers. Starship Troopers was written for Scribner but the publisher rejected it.

I like most of his stuff through Fear No Evil. After that there was a seven hiatus due to health problems. Of his later books I enjoyed Friday and Job.
My wife has read most Heinlien, but I think "Fear No Evil" was thrown across the room. And if I want to get a rise from her, I just mention "The Number of the Beast". But "Friday" and "Job" were a return to form.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote