View Single Post
Old 09-10-2012, 09:52 PM   #130
MrWarper
Zealot
MrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it is

Device: I'm an iRex man: 8x DR1000S, 4x DR800SG, 4x DR800S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackx View Post
Xournal is not very efficient with memory usage (it does not free the memory of the rendered pages once you have viewed them, until you quit xournal), that might explain the crashes...
Yes, it looks like that's probably it. However, it doesn't affect much my document work flow (see 'xournal annotations success story' or similarly entitled thread).
Quote:
I am not spending much time on xournal at this moment, but if you want to pick this up I am willing to give advise...
What do you mean by pick up?

I am not a heavy xournal user in 'interactive' mode, but while we're at it I'd love to see a couple command-line parameters added (or add them myself when I sit to get the development environment ready someday) to the program, and corresponding alternatives added to 'open with':
-merge: asks for an output PDF file name, and generates one that contains the input PDF plus the annotations (same as opening with '-import' then selecting 'merge' and exiting, but much quicker overall)
-mergeonly: same as above, but only pages that were annotated on the original PDF are written to output.
-deleteafter: automatically removes system annotations for a given PDF after merging operations.

Last edited by MrWarper; 09-15-2012 at 02:28 PM. Reason: Typo: It's 'open with', not 'add with'
MrWarper is offline   Reply With Quote