View Single Post
Old 09-14-2009, 03:59 PM   #14
Peter Sorotokin
speaking for myself
Peter Sorotokin knows what time it isPeter Sorotokin knows what time it isPeter Sorotokin knows what time it isPeter Sorotokin knows what time it isPeter Sorotokin knows what time it isPeter Sorotokin knows what time it isPeter Sorotokin knows what time it isPeter Sorotokin knows what time it isPeter Sorotokin knows what time it isPeter Sorotokin knows what time it isPeter Sorotokin knows what time it is

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
Either I don't quite understand or you don't. I'm not after a different font only for Cyrillic characters (which could indeed look bad when mixed with numbers or punctuation, which would be taken from the Latin font). I was thinking of using a different font for :lang(ru) elements, where Cyrillic is needed and dominant, but not exclusive. But if the font were user-selectable, I'd leave it to the user, and he would choose a font with both Cyrillic and Latin.
Ah, OK, so I did not understand it. BTW, I still would still pick a nice-looking font (perhaps a font which would invoke Dante's time) even for Latin characters. Given the size of this book, it would not bloat it too much. Assigning it to the body element would still allow user stylesheet to override it if desired.

Quote:
No, I don't have a FB2, I create the ePUB from scratch (it's here). Do you assume I have a FB2 because it's a popular format in Russia? The fact is I can't read Russian, I just copied the Russian text from a web page.
My mistake again. Yes, I have assumed you have an FB2 because it is close to being a de-facto standard for book distribution in Russia at the moment.

Peter
Peter Sorotokin is offline   Reply With Quote