View Single Post
Old 02-12-2009, 05:35 PM   #13
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
The folders on the EZ Reader really are Linux directories. There is no indexing involved. The ebook library manager is a VERY thin skin on top of a standard Linux directory structure. So it scales well providing you make the directory hierarchy deep enough. On a large (SDHC) card, the underlying filesystem will be FAT32.

You may be asking about things like last read location on a per book basis. For MOBI ebooks this is stored in a .mbp metafile with the same filename as the .mobi or .prc file. So this scales to any size library (the .mbp files are "hidden" in the standard library view). I think the info on other ebook types may all be held in a single central file, but I'm not sure of the details.

The Hanlin V3 (EZ Reader) is officially limited to 4GB cards, but as I just posted here, larger cards also work. Note that BeBook says that larger cards "might" slow down the device.

The start up time of a Hanlin V3 is largely irrelevant, because the battery lasts 3-4 weeks if you don't use the device. So I never turn mine off. I can start reading again instantly, whenever I want. The Sony battery is long-lasting too.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote