View Single Post
Old 01-10-2009, 04:06 PM   #1
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
New Update BookCreator v2.6.1

BookCreator v2.6.1
BookCreator (link)
Download (link)
- Better support for ePUB
- Better support for IMP (no longer requires eBookUtils, now uses ePublisher directly!)
- Multiple workflow for preserving existing text formats when running Word Wrap fix.
o Can now tag bold and italic text prior to running word wrap fix. Then “Format Tagged Text” to restore
o Can run Word wrap macro that preserves the original
- Various bug fixes
Details
ePUB support – Calibre utilized a third party tool to parse out CSS from HTML. However this tool did not handle styles with leading numbers. The result was BookCreator styles where not being preserved when converted to ePUB. BookCreator now renames the CSS to a calibre friendly convention before converting to ePUB.
IMP support – Many uses have reported difficulty installing eBookUtils and have complained about the quality of the resulting IMP. I have decided to directly intergrate with ePublisher*. The result is a much better user experience and a much better IMP product.

Recently users have also mentioned concerns on how WordWrapFix removes existing formats especially form RTF or HTML files imported to BookCreator. I’ve added two work flows.
First is the Tagged method. This tags both italics and bold styles before running the WordWrapFix. After running the WordWrapFix all styles are lost and the default “_1 Text” is set to the whole document. Then run the “Format Tagged Text” menu option to restore the italic text and bold text.
Steps
1) Import document
2) Select menu option “Tools|Tag Style”
3) Select menu option “WrdWrapFix”
4) Now select menu option “Tools| Format Tagged Text”

Second option is to run the new feature “WrdWrapFix …” (select the “…” next to the menu option “WrdWarpFix”.) This option preserves the existing format as best as it can. However this option is not perfect and when two paragraphs with different styles are merged they inherit the first paragraphs style
Steps:
1) Import document
2) Select menu option “WrdWrapFix...| Word Wrap Fix; preserver style”

*Many thanks to Nick(nrapollo) for his IMP support and especially his word2imp.pl script that showed me how I can call ePublisher directly form Word. Also thanks to mjh215 for his excellent work on testing the IMP features.

=X=

Last edited by =X=; 01-11-2009 at 03:57 PM. Reason: Created a new version 2.6.1
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote