View Single Post
Old 05-13-2013, 08:32 PM   #167
JackErbes
Enthusiast
JackErbes is no e-book dilettante.JackErbes is no e-book dilettante.JackErbes is no e-book dilettante.JackErbes is no e-book dilettante.JackErbes is no e-book dilettante.JackErbes is no e-book dilettante.JackErbes is no e-book dilettante.JackErbes is no e-book dilettante.JackErbes is no e-book dilettante.JackErbes is no e-book dilettante.JackErbes is no e-book dilettante.

Device: K4 Non Touch, Fire HD (3rd Gen)
Hello to a fellow Maine-ah, Brian,

I just read this thread because I have a Kindle 4 (model D01100) no touch screen, black E-ink only, basic Kindle and am looking for an application (or something like that) to use for managing it.

I want something that does what the Windows Explorer app used to do in Windows (before ME/W7/W8), let me find, choose, and move or delete them from the Kindle.

I floundered around on Amazon for a while and finally figured out that I cannot use the the ES Windows Explorer app because I do not have an Android device. Duh! That will give you some idea as to how clueless I am about the Kindle OS and using it. As I read this thread I get glimpses of things that look like they might work for me.

To cut to the chase, with my D01100, K4, basic Kindle, can I install and run the Kindle Explorer seen here?

https://code.google.com/p/kindle-explorer/

Or is there another app that I can put on my Kindle that will do the things I mention?

Thanks for any help,

Jack
ah
JackErbes is offline   Reply With Quote