Thread: BeBook Pure
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2012, 11:58 AM   #42
Stormchild
Evangelist
Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1. BeBook Mini. BeBook Neo and Club. BeBook Live. BeeBook Pure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by meeera View Post
Thanks, Stormchild. Can you comment on display choices - fonts, font sizes, line spacing, margins etc? Can you sideload fonts?
How does the button-pageturning feel over time?
Fonts. I have asked the question about adding our own Fonts but have not heard back yet.
Currently the options in Mobi are:
Font Size which ranges from small to XXXL in 6 steps. Good enough if a little basic.
Font type at the moment is limited to a default font or a serif font. Perfectly acceptable although it would be nice to add custom fonts and I could get Gentium back.
Line spacing is 6 pixels, small or medium. The smallest at 6 pixels is a little large for me. Hopefully something that can be sorted in an update.
Finally the margin can be small, medium or large. Small is just right.
Other options are Rotate Screen, Bookmark,ToC, GotoPage, Search, Rotate Screen, Add to Favorites and Auto Flip. The last gives you several timings at which the book can turn the page. Something a friend of mine with MS may find very useful.

Epub is the same minus the Font option only using the built in font. Something for an future update.

FB2, Txt, HTML, the same as Mobi.

PDF has the added option of Text Only Reflow on or Off. With reflow on it reads graphically heavy PDF's much better, as expected.

Page turning has two options. There are 2 buttons on the right side much like the Kindle and the navigation ring at the bottom can be used. My preference so far is the side buttons. They are nice to use and give a satisfying soft click. I see no reason why they will not last for a long time. In fact the whole thing has a good feel to it build quality wise. Better than the Onyx models IMO.
My Kindle owning Grandson liked it better, My daughters loved it and want one. My Wife thought it very pretty.

I expect some of the options can and will be improved with a firmware update. I will certainly be passing some of my comments back to Bebook. On the whole though, I am very impressed. After only one day of proper use I can already see my Club S staying in the draw with the other readers.
Stormchild is offline   Reply With Quote