View Single Post
Old 02-03-2010, 12:55 PM   #55
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulckennedy View Post
That is best when the advertising is static but an eBook can be for sale for years...
Point taken. I suppose with your formula, authors could then be put on a royalty system based on ad rotation and projected sales.

But in advertising, it is the now moment which is important, and which is being paid for... not the moment a few years from now. No one worries that a product placed in a 1960 movie isn't for sale in 2010... it's already paid for the movie, and its success is measured by sales collected after the initial release in 1960.

Once the e-book's author/producer is paid by the initial ads, is there a reason to pay them again? I suppose if an e-book is still selling years down the line, a new set of ads could be inserted into an up-to-date version (do a text revision, to justify it)... then you'd essentially be paying the artist a second time, for basically the same content.

I'm not saying it shouldn't be an author's prerogative to set up such a deal, and it may be the way major authors are distinguished from lesser ones, but I'm not sure it will be considered the way for advertisers to go. More likely they will try to coax new books out of successful authors, in order to put their fresh ads inside, and not bother with rotating ads through older e-books.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote