Thread: Troubleshooting Kindle DX and Dropbox
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2010, 07:09 AM   #33
katzenstreik
Winged Ape
katzenstreik has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.katzenstreik has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.katzenstreik has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 2i
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
OK,

I haven't tried this yet....

But my thought is...

1. Put all your ebooks on Dropbox.

2. create a script that crawls your ebook folders, gets all the info and builds a .mobi ebook and puts it into drop box.

3. On kindle go to your browser and input the URL for the .prc that is a list of all your ebooks. That will download it. Then you can browse through the file, also search and it will have D/l links for each file in drop box.

This is very similar to what feedbooks and MR do. You could probably even get some Calibre action going and use it's database so that the index book you create has summaries etc in it.

Perhaps someday when I am bored I will give it a whack.

BOb
That would be nice and all but I don't see the big advantage compared to browsing your library on a nice calibre2opds html interface. Perhaps a mobi with links is a bit faster and more responsive, but you don't have a folder system etc. And you would have to have access to whispernet in order to download your files over the links, so you might as well use the net to browse your library. Plus you have the possibility to browse your library over any browser on any machine on the internet with calibre2opds not just with your Kindle.
katzenstreik is offline   Reply With Quote