View Single Post
Old 07-05-2007, 12:31 AM   #2
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Wow. Words fail me.

Just... wow.

Ok, I've slightly recovered-- enough to ask about perhaps a wrapper script for FBReader that would run convertlit recursively on FBReader's default directory structure first, looking for and converting files, so FBReader could automatically recognize them and add them to its library... I guess this might be too slow as a standard startup option, though.

Still, if you're going to wrap a script so that .lit files get converted and opened in FBReader, it would be nice to get them added into the FBReader library at the same time. Or would that happen automatically?

Would it be practical to port PDFtoHTML to the iLiad as well? I know it reads PDFs already, but I'm getting to like the FBReader interface a lot. I envision being able to use it instead of the main iLiad "contentlister", configured to launch on the "books" button, automatically scanning and adding everything it can find to the FBReader library. Heck, the iLiad boots so slowly now, I usually turn it on a few minutes before I need it, so the convert loop wouldn't add that much time. (I'd need that search-and-convert-with-pdftohtml script to make a little .opf file with the author's name taken from the directory, though.)

Just dreamin'....
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote